The Awards recognises outstanding and phenomenal women in the law field and this year organisers have responded to the overwhelmingly positive response & feedback received from the legal profession by introducing new judging categories (expanding to 20 categories in total) and widening entry criteria to take into account those women working in a broader range of legal roles.
2 New Categories
The Law Awards has added in 2 new categories for women working in a wider range of roles:
1. Special Counsel of the Year
2. Barrister of the Year
Everyone’s Career Path Is Different
Organisers have also accounted for differing career paths by slightly altering categories carried over from previous years:
- Academic of the Year - Lecturers at JD level, not just undergraduates, are now included in the changed criteria.
- Senior Associate of the Year candidates are no longer burdened by the requirement to have been in their position for less than 5 years.
If You’re Intending On Getting Involved or Attending…
The Law Awards will be held Friday, 27th November at the Grand Hyatt, 123 Collins Street, Melbourne.
Nominations are now open. You can nominate stellar legal talent, or submit an entry-form yourself if you think your achievements stack-up. Deadline for nominations and submissions: 30th October.
The finalists will be unveiled and the judging begun in the week starting from 2nd November.
4th November: Tickets go on sale.
- Law Student of the Year
- Young Gun of the Year
- Senior Associate of the Year
- Special Counsel of the Year
- Partner of the Year
- Barrister of the Year
- Executive of the Year
- Dealmaker of the Year
- Sole Practitioner of the Year
- Pro-Bono of the Year
- Mentor of the Year
- Thought Leader of the Year
- In-House Lawyer of the Year
- General Counsel of the Year
- Boutique Diversity Law Firm of the Year
- Diversity Law Firm of the Year
- Academic of the Year
- HR Professional of the Year
- Marketing Communications Executive of the Year
- Women in Law Excellence Award
Keep an eye on Law Jobs for the latest law related jobs, or follow us to stay up to date with our latest law blogs. Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn
You might also be interested in: