Expect diversity in this setting. Be that from the
- Mix of Security of Payment claims, Superior Court litigation, arbitration, mediation and ADR;
- AS WELL as from the project mix; construction, engineering, infrastructure and resources projects will all feature;
- PLUS the mix of local, interstate and international jurisdictions;
- AND as the mixed client base of head contractor and government / sponsor side of the ledger;
- OR finally from the three partners a strong senior ranks the distinct approaches they take.
From a cultural perspective, this national has bucked the ‘eat what you kill’ trend that has infiltrated partnerships at this bracket of the market. This has been highly successful in filtering down to create a respectful and collaborative environment. As such, there is an engaged senior rank across this team (partners, SCs and SAs) who are committed to your development. A personalised approach to mentorship is evident.
Genuine efforts have been made to redress balance. Yes, you will do late nights around claim deadlines, but that won’t be the norm. Partners have also been conscious of ensuring a mix of high-intensity claims to less demanding matters; ensuring you can draw breath between.
Essentially, this you ideally if you are looking to maintain a quality disputes profile, while seeing more of your friends/family. It would also suit if you would like to see a more holistic dispute timeline rather that discrete elements of very large matters.
With this team being consistently one of the top-performers within the office, there is a spot light internally that allows for strong individuals to be recognised and promoted according to merit, rather than tenure.
You will bring 2-5 years’ post-admission experience within a reputed construction disputes team. Those with mixed front-end and back- can maintain some front-end involvement here. LLB and strong academics expected.