Global firm, but one that not only remains invested in the Australian platform but actually sees it as a key part of their international strategy, particularly on their continuing expansion and dominance of Asian jurisdictions.
Integral to this strategy is their Construction and Infrastructure group, which continues to attract investment and management attention. In turn, this is attracting a lot of significant infrastructure and renewable energy activity; a key topical area for the coming five years in the Australian climate.
This has created two opportunities, one is exclusively front-end focused while the second mixed front- and back-end.
Associate – FE
- Align with a Partner with a wealth of technical knowledge from both a legal and engineering perspective
- This diversity allows him to communicate in plain English to clients, seeing him a first choice for key PPP projects (health, rail, road…)
- He is keen to instil this all too rare ability into all levels of his team; allowing them the same successes he has seen
- Expect energy project involvement, including the topical renewables line, and Asian projects
Associate – FE / BE
- Take a longitudinal approach to projects; covering significant EPC documentation, project procurement and probity involvement then through to claims, disputes and arbitrations
- Resources, health, rail and other major government and private infrastructure and construction projects
- Delivery on some widely reported disputes across Superior Court forums has resulted in continued attraction of similar matters
Requirements: you will bring 2-4 years’ post-admission experience in construction law for a top-tier, international or upper mid-tier firm. You will have excellent academics on your LLB.