Leveraged your solid mid-tier background and market demand to secure a top-tier move? Now finding that, while accessing significant matters, they are starting to get too specialised? Or just struggling to strike a balance between client deadlines and external personal interests / life?
The following can offer improvements;
Senior Associate - upper mid-tier
- Spanning two partners; one offering a mixed public and private corporate M&A deal flow with a securities practice, the second spans M&A, joint ventures, restructures and complex commercial agreements
- Well-resourced from interstate HQ; growth strategy locally
Senior Associate - specialist boutique
- 3 Partners, all ex-top-tier or global. One made a strategic move here to better serve their mid-cap market client base; diverse corporate deals.
- 2nd has a private equity focus, 3rd corporate and complex commercial – start-ups, owner / manager clients
- Inherent agility/flex of a boutique, clear space at SA but with good numbers at Associate level to support you
Associate / new Senior – national
- Atypical model removed the measured billable aspect for the individual and shifts focus to outcomes
- Completed integrated team nationally spells variation in clients; financial services / private equity locally, resources out of WA + QLD, government out of SA
As we near the EOFY period, now is an ideal time to negotiate an early review into an open market uplift. You will bring 4 + (ideally 5-8) yrs’ PAE in a strong corporate law practice focusing on M&A and/or capital markets transactions.