The turn of the year has seen demand for Senior Litigation Associates across the local market. Driven by the bigger end of town, top-tiers and globals, it is a welcome return to the premium dispute sector as the aftermath of the Hayne RC tails off.
Given this activity in the market, it is presenting opportunity for ambitious senior associates, and experienced associates on the cusp of promotion, to position themselves in the stream of disputes and pathway suiting their own set of motivators.
A selection of some of the options;
- No supervising partner model will allow access to a range of disputes and exposure to multiple approaches.
- Tier one disputes practice.
- Work closely with one partner, with ad hoc collaboration into other teams.
- Regulatory, commercial and complex product liability / class action.
- Expect a mix of regulatory (no banks) and bet the company disputes.
- Significant multi-jurisdictional involvement. Arbitration practice.
- Span multiple partners, with natural synergies emerging down approach / technical lines.
- White collar crime, AML, complex commercial disputes.
With the premium nature of these teams, strong academics are expected. Ideally, you will already sit in a premium disputes team, however those looking to scale from national levels up, are encouraged to get in touch.
Note that options can be explored in isolation or as points or comparison against each other.